Euronav is dedicated to the reduction of emissions which is demonstrated by:
- the appointment of a CSR committee to act as a liaison between various bodies such as Intertanko and Clean Cargo;
- the development of an effective policy on reduction of carbon emissions;
- painting ships with high cost silicon paint which improves propulsion efficiency, reduces fuel consumption and carbon emissions as well as the toxic effect of the paint on marine life;
- the participation of Euronav vessels in the performance of lightering operations in the Delaware River with vapour emission control;
- not burning plastics onboard the vessels but delivering them ashore.