The safety of human life and the protection of the environment are primary concerns to Euronav.
Euronav is committed to the implementation of the following safety, quality and environmental objectives:
- provide a safe working environment ashore and afloat by encouraging all employees to identify potentially unsafe conditions or practices and to undertake corrective measures;
- take effective measures to avoid pollution incidents;
- cooperate with maritime organisations and government, trade and industry associations to achieve highest standards of safety and preservation of the environment;
- protect and preserve resources, preventing pollution by an environmentally conscious operation of vessels;
- reduce waste;
- consider environmental issues in all design and development projects;
- prepare contingency plans to ensure adequate response to pollution incidents;
- continuously improve safety management skills of personnel ashore and onboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to safety and environmental protection;
- comply with mandatory rules and regulations and other requirements to which the company subscribes;
- continually improve all processes by reviewing the available information against stated policies and objectives, evaluating audit results, and analysing available records of corrective and preventive actions;
- performing energy audits in order to identify areas for energy conservation.