Euronav manages in-house a fleet of modern double hull crude oil carriers ranging from Suezmax vessels to Very Large, and Ultra Large Crude Oil Carriers and FSOs. Euronav's fleet trades worldwide in some of the most difficult weather conditions and sea states, to ports and for charterers with the strictest requirements. The vessels and crews are in constant interaction with the shore staff through regular onboard visits, sophisticated communication means, conferences ashore and in-house training sessions. Superintendents, internal and external auditors, customers, as well as national and international regulatory bodies assess vessels and crew performance.
Euronav has excellent relations with all oil majors. The organisation, as well as the vessels, has successfully passed numerous oil major vetting /audits both onboard and ashore. Euronav is an industry leader and prides itself on its excellent record and working relationship within the maritime industry. All services are provided with the ultimate regard for the health, safety, security, environmental and quality standards applicable to the maritime transportation industry.
Euronav is committed to continuous enhancement of the safety, security and quality of the fleet's operation and superior employment as well as to the protection of the marine environment.
Euronav is devoted to a teamwork culture where people work together for the overall success of the Company, on shore and at sea. Euronav practices genuine performance planning and appraisal, training and development, and promotion from within. Its policies aim to enhance and reward performance, engage its people, and retain key talent.
An integrated approach
Euronav maintains an integrated ship management approach with the following assets and skills:
- proven experience in managing oil tankers
- experienced officers and crews with professional credentials
- professional relations based on merit and trust
- commitment to improving the quality of working life at sea
- safety and quality assurance including training, auditing, and vetting
- modern and effective computer based management and training systems
- human resources policies where people work together for common goals
- hands-on technical management backed by the latest communication systems
- experience in long term asset protection
- open communication and transparency in reporting.
Full range of services
Euronav provides a full range of ship management services:
- full technical services
- adherence to a planned maintenance system
- fleet personnel management of officers and experienced crew
- health services
- insurance & claims handling
- global sourcing of bunkering, equipment, and services for optimum synergies, pricing and quality
- financial, information technology, human resources, and legal services to improve performance of the Group's human, financial and information assets
- project Management for :
- new building supervision, including pre- and post contract consultancy and technical support
- FSO Modifications and Conversions
- commercial management
- operational management.
Euronav utilises a set of clearly defined Key Performance Indicators as well as standardized inspection reports which are thoroughly evaluated to facilitate the measurement of performance, on key parameters such as:
- vessels reliability
- crew Retention
- safety Performance
- vetting and Port State Controls
- planned maintenance
- dry-docking planning and repairs based on work lists from dry dock to dry dock
- quarterly management review meetings monitor the trends and set the course of actions