Antwerp - Internal Auditor
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
The Internal Auditor evaluates and improves the effectiveness of the Company’s operations in line with the Company’s stated goals and objectives. This includes the evaluation of the Company’s risk management, internal controls, governance processes, as well as the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
She/He assists in building the audit framework for the monitoring, testing and optimization of the Company’s internal controls and in the maintenance of the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing program. For performing these tasks, liaison with both internal and external teams is of prime importance.
Key areas of responsibility include performance of risk assessments, execution of the approved audit plan, and execution of financial and operational audits to evaluate the Company's internal controls, with a focus on highrisk financial reporting and operational issues. The role also partners with Euronav’s Legal team on the adherence to Company policies and procedures, and compliance with applicable legal and regulatory standards.
The Internal Auditor reports to the Head of Internal Audit, who himself is reporting to the Audit & Risk Committee of the Supervisory Board of Euronav.
The Internal Auditor assumes his role and responsibilities, having and maintaining independence and objectivity, in line with the Internal Audit Charter and the Internal Control Charter, as approved by the Supervisory Board of the Company.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strong support to the Head of Internal Audit in preparing the annual audit plan and scope
- Be a key team member in undertaking comprehensive planning and risk assessments relating to individual
- Perform and deliver audit assignments as per the audit plan, by staying focused on the assignment
- Perform audit procedures to verify that controls are operating effectively and efficiently, with a particular
focus on ICOFR (Internal Controls over Financial Reporting)
- Monitor that all agreed management action plans and procedures are subsequently implemented on time
and report on the status of implementation
- Monitor the periodical controls documentation & testing schedule on completeness and effectiveness
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in day-to-day function, especially in the development and improvement of
the control environment and the framework for third party compliance screening (KYC/KYS)
- Assists in preparing timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit & Risk Committee or the Board
- Evaluate the appropriateness of internal control documentation for financial processes, IT applications, and
ITGC’s, including planning documents, narratives, process maps, walkthroughs, and tests of controls
- Interact professionally and frequently with external auditors and regulators
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or law
- Being holder of recognized professional qualification in a related environment (CPA/CA/CIA/CISA/CFE etc.)
would be an advantage
- 4+ years of working experience, including 2+ years in an internal/external audit or controlling role
- Having a first experience in the maritime sector or having a keen interest in the maritime world would be an
- Knowledge of public (stock listed) company internal control requirements, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act,
SEC regulations and the COSO framework
- Understanding of IFRS accounting principles
- Understanding of financial and business processes and the risks surrounding those processes
- Understanding of IT risks and controls and their overall impact on financial control environments
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical, technical, and project management skills
- Willingness to travel internationally, mainly to the subsidiary local offices and for training purposes
- Hands-on, flexible, able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in English language, knowledge of Dutch or French is preferred
Attractive compensation in line with experience; group medical and life insurance plan; training and development
opportunities and varied work in an agreeable environment.
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
Katleen De Mondt
De Gerlachekaai 20