Antwerp - .NET Developer
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com.
Position Profile and Requirements
As the Euronav brand continues to expand, you will be responsible to develop and maintain/support a large portfolio of in-house developed systems for the full Euronav group which consists of multiple offices and +70 vessels that are truly global in nature. You will liaise with the Office Manager and Data Manager to ensure on time delivery of quality solutions as well as accomplish the objectives set by the business in respect of application development. You should have extensive system development experience, working in an IT environment with a solid knowledge of business principles. Furthermore you will analyse/investigate and propose new systems/data enhancements and tooling to the business which might automate their business processes and reduce their daily workload.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development of quality solutions and the optimization of the Euronav system landscape, including interfaces with internal/external solutions.
- Reviews and analyses of data management platforms and programs in development to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of those programs; reviews requests for program changes required to meet the needs of the business owner(s).
- Constant monitoring of data streams to guarantee data integrity and data quality by means of data monitoring tools.
- Design and develop a big data strategy to handle and structure large data volumes (IoT) as part of digital transformation projects.
- Conducts meetings with other colleagues to determine data processing requirements based on new project priorities, changes in legislation and system needs.
- Provides technical assistance to the business in the development of bid specifications for special hardware or software systems required to implement new programs.
- Troubleshoot /determine causes for system failure and implement corrective solutions.
- Provides technical information and advice regarding network interconnections and overall data processing master plans.
- Reviews performance of applications programs to ensure program efficiency, program documentation, and to ensure that output meets the needs of user departments.
- Oversee any software development / changes to insure continued interoperability between software packages.
Formal education: Bachelor level / degree in IT or related field
Experience: min. 5 years of experience and specialization in developing IT systems, system design and integration; specialized in backend data development and system interfaces; shipping industry experience is a plus
Qualifications: ITIL, MSCE, C#, Delphi/Pascal, SQL, VB.NET, ASP.NET
Languages: Fluent in English, other European languages is an asset.
Our Antwerp office is situated in the South of Antwerp. Lovely location and a very attractive environment. Euronav offers a lot of work related and fun related benefits:
- Contract of indefinite duration in full-time employment
- Attractive compensation in line with experience
- Group medical plan (DKV) & life insurance plan
- Meal vouchers of 8 EUR/day
- Training and development opportunities
- Varied work in an international company with enthusiastic colleagues
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
De Gerlachekaai 20