Antwerp - Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com.
Position Profile and Requirements
As the Euronav brand continues to expand, you will be responsible to provide support and services to Euronav shore based offices for the full Group which consists of multiple offices that are truly global in nature. You will monitor and support all office infrastructure and work out preventive solutions to minimize the impact on the organization. You should have extensive experience working in an IT environment with a solid knowledge of
technical infrastructure environments. Furthermore you will analyse/investigate and propose new system enhancements to your manager for implementation which further improve the Euronav infrastructure performance, stability, security and scalability.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to users in shore based offices.
- Support and implement all infrastructure projects, driven by innovation and digital transformation
- Support shore based users relating to communication and information technology systems, both
remotely and through physical attendance, possibly abroad.
- Attend to IT security and backup issues; to maintain utmost confidentiality of data at all times.
- Liaise with third party software vendors on support and development issues.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and ad hoc repairs to LAN network in the office.
- Participate in projects and assist in the development of new IT solutions.
- Proactively monitor and report on services provided to users.
- Provide highly available and recoverable services to the users.
- Research and develop new technologies with external vendors.
- Management reporting within your IT infrastructure responsibilities.
- Provide support to the users of the various offices of the Group pertaining to information technology systems, and communication systems/equipment, ensuring system reliability and information accessibility.
- Asses, plan and coordinate installation and updates of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, backup and other application servers, with their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems, Siem/Soc and Cloud D/R site.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Oversee the administration and documentation of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD.
- Adhere to IT procedures based on SOx regulations.
Formal education: Bachelor level – a degree in IT or related field.
Experience: min. 5 years of experience and specialization in IT networks and IT Technical Infrastructure; maritime industry experience and knowledge is an extra asset
ITIL, COBIT & NIST are considered a plus.
Languages: Fluent in English, other European languages are an asset.
Our Antwerp office is situated in the South of Antwerp. Lovely location and a very attractive environment. Euronav offers a lot of work related and fun related benefits:
- Contract of indefinite duration in full-time employment
- Attractive compensation in line with experience
- Group medical plan (DKV) & life insurance plan
- Meal vouchers of 8 EUR/day
- Training and development opportunities
- Varied work in an international company with enthusiastic colleagues
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
De Gerlachekaai 20