Antwerp - Sustainability Officer
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
You will take a practical and business-focused approach to further integrate sustainability into our strategy and operations as a way to improve business continuity, build brand value, and enhance risk resilience by evaluating and developing sustainable strategies that can support our near and long-term results.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assess and analyse company policies and processes to identify areas in and processes to which improvements
can be made in accordance with the organizations commitment to sustainability
- Identify creative ways in which the company can balance business obligations with the goal of respecting the
environments and continuously minimizing our footprint
- Propose and implement strategies to address various environmental concerns including energy use,
conservation, reduction of pollution, recycling, building and facility design, and general internal awareness on
- Draft and implement sustainable organizational policies that address environmental as well as wider ESG
- Evaluate and monitor effectiveness of sustainability programs; recommends and implements improvements as necessary
- Conduct research to identify environmental and sustainability concerns, interests, and issues in partnership with other company’s stakeholders
- Identify and evaluate pilot projects or programs to enhance the sustainability research agenda
- Consider sustainability proposals with attention to factors such as cost effectiveness, feasibility, and ease of integration with other programs
- Conduct sustainability- or environment-related risk assessments within the existing ERM framework
- Draft and prepare reports, presentations, and proposals; presents proposals and recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer, Management board, and other key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a reporting framework in relation to sustainability related disclosure requirement both in EU and US.
- Communicate, explain and market company standpoint to various external parties.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation and records including budgets and results of programs
- Prepare documentation required for project funding for various environmental initiatives including proposals and grant applications.
- Maintain current working knowledge of, and ensure compliance with, all applicable local, state, federal, and internal environmental laws and regulations.
- Submit grant applications, manage grants, and be responsible for reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
Formal education: Master degree in engineering Experience: minimum 5 years of professional experience and preferably minimum 3 years of experience in sustainability, energy, renewable energy, or energy saving domains
- Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability practices, and applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to analyse and understand research and to identify relevant and valuable information to be summarised and shared with other stakeholders
- To successfully implement your ideas you are a strong communicator, a good networker and you bring in project management experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Capability to work collaboratively with a diverse multicultural team and have a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to create, interpret, and execute a budget
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Presentation skills required to deliver proposals to varying groups of individuals
Languages: Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Knowledge of Dutch and/or Greek is considered as a plus
Attractive compensation in line with experience; group medical and life insurance plan; training and development opportunities and varied work in an agreeable environment.
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
De Gerlachekaai 20