Antwerp - Voyage Optimization Engineer - Vessel Performance Analyst
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
You will assist Euronav to develop and implement the next generation voyage optimization software. As part of the Vessel Performance team you will also function as a vessel performance analyst to provide the best possible decision support for optimizing operation of the Euronav vessels.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mapping the requirements of the various departments to ensure an efficient and effective voyage optimization
- Leading the assessment of various vendors and technologies to provide the next generation of voyage optimization software
- Implementation of the chosen voyage optimization solution and technology within the Euronav software environment.
- Delivering vessel and fleet performance fact-based analyses and recommendations using our in-house vessel performance systems as well as optimised 3rd party solutions
- Your reports will be formulated form your analysis of voyage data and how that matches against performance criteria. You will look into areas such as fuel consumption, speed performance, propulsion and hull degradation.
- Support various departments with performance monitoring and optimization tasks
- Create and maintain a technical library of hydrodynamic, engine condition, and other models
- Work closely with programmers, developers, and business units to develop and deploy advanced systems for monitoring and optimizing vessel performance
- Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders within Euronav
- Contribute to the daily tasks forming the department’s services
Formal education: Master’s degree in Economics, Data Science or Naval Architecture.
- Technical and operating experience in marine engineering or data science departments
- Project management skills within a highly technical framework
- Experience working with big data and preferably some programming skills with Visual Basic, SQL, Matlab, R or Python
- Experience in Multi Objective optimization algorithms.
- Proficient in written and spoken English with knowledge of vessel specific terminology
- Has an international mindset and shows the excitement to engage and deal with multiple stake-holders in challenging situations.
- A “self-starter” attitude and a confident and effective communicator
Languages: Fluent in English
Attractive compensation in line with experience; group medical and life insurance plan; training and development opportunities and varied work in an agreeable environment.
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org
De Gerlachekaai 20