Athens - Electrical Superintendent
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com.
Position Profile and Requirements
To provide the technical support for the fleet’s management by contributing to technical matters pertaining primarily to electrical and electronic equipment and systems.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Organize, coordinate and follow up repairs, as well as establish and maintain preventive maintenance for electrical and electronic equipment and systems, in accordance with HSQEMS and Company’s requirements and in cooperation with the superintendents
• Monitor and ensure the scheduled inspections and shore-based maintenance programs for the assigned equipment on board the vessels
• Coordinate voyage / shipyard repairs and new installations for specific systems in cooperation with the Energy Performance & Projects team and STM
• To visit vessels for evaluating their technical condition in relation to electronic systems and propose improvements. ESI should perform (within a year period) as a minimum five (5) attendances onboard vessels under his/her accountability of which; one (1) at least to be sailing attendance
• Attend dry dockings and major repairs related to electrical and electronic equipment, organize, coordinate and supervise the activity on board in cooperation with the ship’s superintendent
• Ensure that proper record is maintained and submitted by the managed vessels at regular intervals
• Cooperation with the vessel’s superintendent - monitor the Planned Maintenance System databases related to electrical-electronic equipment of all vessels, identify and propose improvements to the system and ensure that the related jobs are completed and properly recorded.
Emergency Response team member
Formal education: University degree in Electrical Engineering or 3-year experience as Electrician officer onboard ships
Experience: 1-3 years’ practical technical experience in a similar role
Other qualifications: PC skills, flexibility, teamwork, high performance orientation, excellent communication skills, ability to multitask and relationship management skills. Also, ability to travel for about 2 weeks per 3 months for vessel attendances
Languages: Fluent English, other European language is an asset.
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to: