Athens - Junior Technical Superintendent
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
To monitor vessel technical condition and attend to vessel needs in relation to technical requirements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Quality assurance duties:
- Maintaining ships records, statutory certificates, classification surveys
- Monitoring vessels reporting
- Providing back up to the travelling superintendent to ensure continuity of the work on assigned vessels
- Monitoring performance
- Arranging surveys
Additional areas of responsibility in case the employee has been assigned to particular vessels’ follow up:
- To implement and monitor vessel systems maintenance in accordance with HSQEMS and company requirements, attend to vessel operational needs and propose improvements to HSQEMS, if needed
- To participate in the investigation of technical problems, accidents and incidents and in investigating / documenting H&M failures, and monitor vessel Planned Maintenance System
- To perform, as a minimum, a sailing attendance to all the vessels under his/her accountability within a year period and have the ability to travel for about 2 weeks per 3 months for vessel attendances
- To attend dry dockings and important deck and engine repairs
- To organize and follow up routine voyage maintenance works
- To review and ensure implementation and tracking of Original Equipment Manufacturer bulletin and Company Alerts
Formal education: University degree, preferably in Naval Architecture and/or Marine Engineering or related discipline
Experience: Previous experience in relevant position will be considered an asset
- Flexibility, teamwork, high performance orientation, excellent communication skills, ability to multitask and relationship management skills.
- Microsoft Office Packages (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel), PC literate
Languages: Good command of English language, other languages are an asset
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of: email@example.com.