Athens - Purchaser
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
The Purchaser will be based in Athens and will work closely with other Purchasers and Technical Superintendents,
to carry out and monitor vessels’ supplying activities and report to Purchasing Operations Manager.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control vessels’ supply requests & Specify vessels’ needs with Superintendents’ assistance
- Request quotations as per Company’s approved Vendors’ list, evaluate them and issue the respective
- Ensure parts and services are purchased in accordance with relevant procedures and as far as feasible at the
most competitive price, taking into account quality and delivery time.
- Follow up all necessary arrangements for the proper delivery of goods to Warehouses, forwarding activities
involved and coordinate delivery of supplies for vessels.
- Monitor the proper receipt of goods on board vessels; follow up wrong deliveries and Carry out verification
and follow up of disputed invoices
- Guide shore and crew personnel for efficient and cost effective supplies
- Follow up agreed contracts
- Regularly monitor suppliers’ performance to ensure that standards are high and assist in supplier’s evaluation
- Assist in optimizing the performance of the purchasing (programs ) software
Formal education: University graduate; Shipping or Marine studies, ideally in Technical field
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in shipping, in a public listed company is a
Other qualifications: Education or Training in procurement is highly desirable and considered as plus
Additional skills: Organization and communication skills, teamwork, negotiation skills, excellent computer skills;
proficient user of MS Office, familiar with procurement related software
Languages: Fluent in English (written and oral), other European language is an asset
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org.