Singapore - HSQE/Marine Superintendent (1)
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
To verify and implement on a daily basis, the Health, Safety & Environmental Protection
Management System ashore and on board.
To verify that crew’s performance on vessel is in accordance with Company’s guidelines and improve
crew skills by training on board and ashore.
To follow up vetting inspections / observations as well as PSC deficiencies.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To maintain the fleet safety equipment in good order, in cooperation with the Technical Manager
- To investigate the statements related to Hazardous Occurrences (Near Misses) & provide relevant reporting
- To review and analyze the received Best Practices of the month
- To execute the vessels’ internal audits (ISM, ISPS, ISO) and marine inspections as specified in the annual
internal planning of these inspections. Arrange Flag state inspections and USCG COC inspections
- To visit the vessels to assist the masters during any inspection if deemed necessary
- To update and posts commercial (vetting) questionnaires as requested by the commercial department
- To consolidate replies on vetting and port state control inspections
- Knowledge of:
-ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, 50001
- Understanding of Vetting / PSC process, being able to follow up and monitor
- Understanding of Audits NC / Observation, being able to follow up and monitor
- Certified in Incident / Accident investigation
- Excellent knowledge of ECDIS and Navigational auditing (may be considered as an advantage)
Formal education: Class A or B (Deck or Engine diploma) or University degree preferably in shipping or marine
Experience: Shipboard experience at management level of at least 3 years, shore based relevant experience is a
plus. Experience in Internal Audit is required, any vetting experience will be considered a plus.
- Very good computer skills, especially Excel (data analysis and chart creation), Word (report preparation),
Power Point (training and other presentations preparation)
- Willing to work within a team
- Ability to travel to attend vessels at sea or in port depending on the needs
- Existing Singapore work entitlement will be an advantage
Languages: Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to HR.CV.GR@euronav.com, by June 25, 2021 the latest.