Antwerp - BI Analyst
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com.
Position Profile and Requirements
Euronav’s globally distributed ICT team is a crucial part of the company’s operational workings. Lead from the head office in Antwerp, it supports the fleet and provides the tools and data that allow the business to make crucial decisions. To strengthen this decision-making capacity, Euronav is currently recruiting an experienced professional in the function of BI Analyst.
As BI Analyst you will report to IT Innovation Manager with whom you will define the BI Strategy and Vision for the company. Furthermore you will be responsible to analyse/develop and improve the Euronav Global BI platform adding dashboards and reports. In this respect you will work close together with business analysts, local and abroad, in analysing business requirements and developing strategic BI solutions. You should have a technical background in an IT environment with a solid knowledge and experience of Business Intelligence, preferably in Ms Power BI.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and design a BI roadmap for the Euronav organization, together with the IT Innovation Manager.
- Build world class Power BI reports and visualizations in collaboration with stakeholders in all levels of the company.
- Contribute to innovative projects with your BI (data and visualization) knowledge.
- Deliver BI insights to senior management, identifying trends and opportunities.
- You act as a BI evangelist in the organization, fostering BI awareness while also performing expectation management.
- Coordinate training of Business Analysts in self-service BI.
- Gather requirements from business stakeholders document the requirements in the form of an agile story, create mock-ups, prototypes, ad-hoc SQL queries, and other artefacts to support requirements.
- Cooperate with external parties in the implementation of BI solutions for Euronav.
- Perform internal BI audits to secure data quality, data integrity and data security.
Formal education: University level / degree in ICT or Business Administration
- 5 years of experience in an IT Business Intelligence role with at least 3 years of hands-on continuous work experience in using BI tools to support user reporting needs.
- Ability to understand complex business & system processes.
- Performing (business/functional) in-depth analyses in the field of BI.
- Successfully supporting users’ reporting and data needs.
- Demonstrated success working in an Agile or team-based environment.
- Power BI en DAX
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, T/SQL
- SQL Server Integration Services (Data Warehousing, ETL)
- Azure fundamentals
Would be an asset
- SAP Business Objects
- Project Management
- Experience in Azure Data related technologies
Languages: Fluent in English and Dutch
Our Antwerp office is situated in the South of Antwerp. Lovely location and a very attractive environment. Euronav offers a lot of work related and fun related benefits:
- Contract of indefinite duration in full-time employment
- Attractive compensation in line with experience
- Group medical plan (DKV) & life insurance plan
- Meal vouchers of 8 EUR/day
- Training and development opportunities
- Varied work in an international company with enthusiastic colleagues
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
De Gerlachekaai 20