Antwerp - CFO
Euronav is an independent tanker company engaged in the ocean transportation and storage of crude oil. Since its merger with Gener8 Maritime in 2018, the group has become the world’s largest, independent quoted crude tanker platform. The Company is headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium, and has offices throughout Europe and Asia. Euronav is listed on Euronext Brussels and on the NYSE under the symbol EURN. Given its NYSE listing, it is operating under a strict SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) control framework environment.
Key data about Euronav:
- Revenues: $600 million (2018)
- EBITDA: $238 million (2018)
- Total assets: $4.1 billion (2018)
- Number of vessels: 72 (end of 2018)
- Number of employees: 2,900 (end of 2018)
- Market capitalisation: €1.6 billion (April 4, 2019)
- Free float: 83% (end of 2018)
Ideally, the candidate will:
- Be a seasoned CFO or senior finance professional with a minimum of 15 years of professional experience in an international context; he/she will bring relevant experience in capital-intensive businesses and/or cyclical industries, as well as a solid working knowledge of the investment and capital resource community.
- Be experienced within a regulated environment (either a listed company or within a SOX controlled entity).
- Bring prior team leadership experience.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Be fluent in English; Dutch language skills (or at least a willingness to learn Dutch) would be a plus as well.
- Have obtained a University degree and/or Chartered Accounting qualification (a MBA or Master in Finance would be considered a plus).
- Whilst industry (shipping or oil) experience is a plus, it is not a requirement; similarly, knowledge of maritime chart of accounts, IFRS and accounting (in particular as they relate to the shipping sector) would be a plus.
The CFO will be based in Antwerp, Belgium. Preference will go to a candidate who is living in or willing to relocate to this area. He/she will travel about 25% of his/her time.
How to apply?
In case you meet the above requirements and would be interested to file your application, please send your CV and accompanying motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Egon Zehnder, who has been mandated to assist us in the selection process, will treat your application with the required level of confidentiality and respond to you directly.