Antwerp - Corporate Venture Associate
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
We are actively seeking an entrepreneurial individual with a passion for technology, high-tech start-ups and international business who is hardworking, responsible, results-oriented, and self-motivated. The candidate will play a key role in sourcing and evaluating new opportunities, building investment theses, and supporting portfolio companies.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source, identify, and analyse new investment opportunities
- Develop investment theses and deep dive on specific technology areas with subject matter experts
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, examine industry trends and track competitive landscape
- Evaluate and perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities, including preparing investment memos
- Execute new and/or follow-on financings, including deal structuring and financial modelling
- Interact with other stakeholders (incubators, accelerators, start-ups, advisors, etc.) and participate in relevant events
Formal education: Master’s Degree in Economics, Information Technology or Engineering
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in Venture Capital, Private Equity (small deals), strategic consulting, investment banking
- Venture valuation experience
- Technical and operating experience in Product, Operations, or other functions within high growth tech start-ups
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking, including strong research and analytical abilities
- Experience building financial models and performing quantitative analysis
- Entrepreneurial behavior, sense of initiative, solutions oriented, comfortable working with minimal oversight
- Capable of establishing relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives
Languages: Fluent in English
Attractive compensation in line with experience; group medical and life insurance plan; training and development opportunities and varied work in an agreeable environment.
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
De Gerlachekaai 20