Antwerp - Crewing Coordinator
Euronav is the largest tanker company in the world, headquartered in Antwerp (Belgium) with offices throughout Europe and Asia. Since its founding in 1995 the company has been dedicated to the safe and reliable ocean transportation and storage of crude oil. Euronav’s combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture and in-house management has enabled it to achieve outstanding growth and profitability in an extremely competitive industry that is undergoing unprecedented changes.
Euronav strives to attract, inspire and enable talented people to develop themselves in a challenging environment in order to contribute to our business in a sustainable and future-proof way.
To support our team we are currently looking for a driven
CREWING COORDINATOR IN ANTWERP (BELGIUM)
Position Profile, Responsibilities and Requirements
The position reports to the Crewing Manager.
- To check proper certification of Seafarers including their status follow up.
- To facilitate, expedite, and support the processes involved in signing-on and dispatching of crews to the managed vessels, including maintaining systems, records, and information and providing services for the benefit of the seafarers.
- To prepare crew for sign-on:
- Update seamen’s particulars
- Check all crewmembers are in compliance with Euronav matrix before embarkation
- To arrange for seafarer visa requirements
- To initiate & prepare seafarer employment contract and appropriate letters to agents / immigration authorities
- To manage seaman book and endorsements requested by flag administration
- To issue dispensation letters by flag administration
- To coordinate seafarer embarkation process
- To dispatch crews:
- Follow up crew changes and update databases
- To make travel arrangements to and from vessels, following up vessel's itinerary and making appropriate adjustments
- To make necessary arrangements for seafarer’s relatives to board the vessel
- General duties:
- To file seamen certificates / evaluation / contracts
- To maintain senior officers current status on Belgium Flag vessels in Intranet
- To follow up Seafarers certification validity and renewal arrangements
- To control & approve all crew related disbursements account
- invoices (KRIS, Globtik, PTC, Travel & Maritime agencies GAC)
- To make arrangements with administration; as services related to Seafarers.
- Covering the Crewing Manager’s responsibilities during absence.
Formal education: Bachelor or Master
Experience: maritime crewing experience
Knowledge Areas: PC literate, relevant programs knowledge
Other qualifications: STCW ’95 and ISM knowledge
Languages: Fluent Flemish and Fluent English
Attractive compensation in line with experience; training and development opportunities and varied work in an agreeable environment; inclusion in group medical and life insurance plan.
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
De Gerlachekaai 20