Antwerp - Datamanager
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com.
Position Profile and Requirements
As the Euronav brand continues to expand, you will execute an effective IT Data Strategy and Vision for the full Group which consists of multiple offices and +75 vessels that are truly global in nature. You will manage, maintain and support the overall Euronav system landscape in respect of interfacing (system interconnectivity) and data management, including data governance, data integrity and data quality assurance. You will liaise with the IT Development Manager to accomplish the objectives set by the business in respect of data/interface development. You should have extensive experience working in an IT environment with a solid knowledge of backend interface and data development. Furthermore you will also play a key role in future innovation projects where your data and data interfacing expertise will deliver benefits and added value to the company.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Senior responsible for the development and optimization of data interfaces, data collectors and data processes within the Euronav System Landscape for which hands on knowledge and expertise is required.
- Optimization of the DES - Data Exchange Services (N-Service Bus) as middle-ware between the core applications in the Euronav system landscape.
- The development of data collectors, data interfaces and system interfaces (API’s).
- Conducts meetings with senior level to determine data processing requirements based on new project priorities, changes in legislation and system needs.
- Provides technical assistance to the business in the development of data and interface specifications.
- Troubleshoot /determine causes for system failure and implement corrective solutions.
- Provides technical information and advice regarding network interconnections and overall data processing master plans.
- Reviews performance of interfaces or any backend applications to ensure efficiency, performance and documentation.
- Prepares regular reports for management showing functioning of the systems, status of data development projects and division needs.
- Oversee any interface and data development / changes to insure continued interoperability between software packages.
- Develop a clear data strategy for Euronav in respect of data governance, system interconnectivity, data security and data assurance.
- Plans, assigns and directs the activities of professional and technical personnel involved in the design, development of data collection and interfacing between different systems in the Euronav system landscape.
- The Hands-On Data Architect also works closely together with the BI analyst and Business Analyst as part of a new data implementation project.
- One of your objectives is to bring data management on a higher level within Euronav where data consolidation projects and data analytics become the key to future innovation.
- You follow up on the latest technologies in respect of data management within the Microsoft stack and therefore become an important part of the digital transformation strategy within Euronav.
Formal education: Master or Bachelor level – a degree in IT or related field
Experience: min. 5 years of experience and specialization in the development of IT systems, data collectors, data interfaces and system integration; shipping industry experience is a plus
Qualifications: MSCE, C#, SQL, Visual Studio.NET, ASP.NET
Languages: Fluent in English, other European languages is an asset.
Our Antwerp office is situated in the South of Antwerp. Lovely location and a very attractive environment. Euronav offers a lot of work related and fun related benefits:
- Contract of indefinite duration in full-time employment
- Attractive compensation in line with experience
- Group medical plan (DKV) & life insurance plan
- Meal vouchers of 8 EUR/day
- Training and development opportunities
- Varied work in an international company with enthusiastic colleagues
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to:
De Gerlachekaai 20