Antwerp- Financial controller
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
The Financial Controller will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the accounting department by being hands on, being able to business partners with the other Euronav departments worldwide. You are the sparring partner of the Finance manager and you coach the accountant colleagues.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare financial budgets and plans and analyze various outlooks for same.
- Administer business development processes and provide consultation on all new accounts.
- Supervise account reconciliation, manage all accounts.
- Oversee quarter-end closing of accounts, identify issues, compare with prior year results and projections.
- Manage all external fillings and prepare management reports.
- Review all financial operating processes and analyze results and ensure compliance with BE GAAP.
- Ensure compliance to all income tax procedures and process tax/VAT returns.
- Determine and verify systems and process all data.
- Maintain control environment for all issues.
- Manage all policies and ensure compliance with SOX.
- Analyze business processes and develop cost saving controls.
Formal education: Bachelor degree in accounting or equivalent by experience
Experience: More than 5 years of experience in Accounting, Shipping industry experience is a plus.
- A team player with good communication skills, but you can also work independently and in a structured way
- Excellent MS Office knowledge (Excel)
- You show initiative at work
- You have an eye for detail, but still you keep an overview
- You have a sense of responsibility and have the necessary commitment
- You are precise, enjoy working with figures and are eager to learn
Languages: Fluent in Dutch with good knowledge of English
Our Antwerp office is situated in the South of Antwerp. Lovely location and a very attractive environment. Euronav
offers a lot of work related and fun related benefits:
- Contract of indefinite duration in full-time employment
- Attractive compensation in line with experience
- Group medical plan (DKV) & life insurance plan
- Meal vouchers of 8 EUR/day
- Training and development opportunities
- Varied work in an international company with enthusiastic colleagues
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to: email@example.com