Antwerp - Innovation Manager
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Euronav is in the process of realising a digital transformation strategy and would like to become a leader in their sector. Euronav also expressed a clear ambition to grow further in this area in the next coming years.
The IT Innovation Manager will be the pioneer for many new innovative IT projects and will work very close in collaboration with the business stakeholders. In this position he will report to the Group IT Manager and manage his own IT innovation team on a daily basis. Furthermore he will work closely together with other IT teams within Euronav to achieve the best results for his projects.
Roles and responsibilities
- Research and investigate innovative/disruptive technologies and leverage on them wherever it brings value to the company. Use external expertise/vendors and leverage on the expertise for specific domains such as digital transformation, AI, BI, Machine Learning etc.
- Facilitate the identification, prioritization, selection & implementation of new IT software projects and initiatives.
- Liaise with the business and IT, i.e. translating & refining the business requirements to an extent so that it is clear for IT what is needed in order to deliver value to the business.
- Assist the business in structuring & implementing innovative solutions and manage the project in their role as project manager and/or business analyst.
- Use external expertise/vendors and leverage on the expertise for specific domains such as digital transformation, BI, Machine Learning etc.
- Seize opportunities to automate repetitive & labour intensive, administrative tasks in order to maximize the amount of value adding activities & tasks for each employee
- Facilitate the identification, prioritization, selection & implementation of change requests, i.e. Data interfaces for DMO or changes to systems which will then be executed/developed by external vendors
- Carry out proof of concepts together with the business in order to verify and test the viability of initiatives within a limited timeframe
- Act as a gatekeeper to control & monitor the IT system landscape by challenging additional systems, interfaces or other requests
- Make a clear analysis of the business needs in terms of innovation and digitization.
- Work closely together with people from the business and support/challenge management in the development of the digital strategy.
- Draw up the digital & innovation roadmap, in close partnership with the business stakeholders and translate the strategic objectives into concrete digital projects and actions.
- Manage a portfolio of various innovative business projects from A to Z.
- Closely monitor these projects and the quality of the solutions and ensure that the result is in line with the expectations and strategic objectives.
- Use an agile methodology in project follow-up whereas your knowledge of Agile project methodology makes you a real pioneer in the further implementation of agile within the organization.
- Create sufficient support among the stakeholders to realize the digital strategy. Because of your experience and external focus, you are an important point of contact for all digital/innovative initiatives.
- Manage and evaluate portfolio data and an innovation pipeline assisting strategic decision-making and Go-to-Market process.
- Design, research, develop, analyse and suggest new marketing concepts as well as strategies.
- Contribute and influence strategic direction for senior leadership using informal and formal communication.
- Coordinate all cross-functional activities, represent customers internally and collaborate with leaders in varied areas on allocation across projects and resource planning.
- Ensure to exercise decision-making and independent judgment while being aligned with customers and management.
- Setup peers with innovative partners in the interest and benefit of Euronav
- Formal education: Master or bachelor level – a degree in IT or related field
- Experience: min. 5 years of experience in digital transformation and innovation projects. 10 years of experience in Project Management.
- Other qualifications: Good cooperation and communication skills, ability to multitask, willingness to travel and visit vessels when needed. Change Management skills to deliver constructive improvements for the business. Helicopter view on the different projects you are assigned to. Good knowledge and experience of the “Agile” project methodology.
- Languages: Fluent in English
Attractive compensation in line with experience; group medical and life insurance plan; training and development opportunities and varied work in an agreeable environment.
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
Katleen De Mondt
De Gerlachekaai 20