Antwerp - IT Infrastructure Manager
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
As the Euronav brand continues to expand, you will be responsible to ensure an effective IT Infrastructure Strategy for the entire Euronav Group with different locations worldwide. You have extensive experience working in an IT environment with a solid knowledge of technical infrastructure environments. Furthermore you will investigate and propose new system enhancements to your manager which further improve performance, stability, security and scalability.
You will liaise with the Group IT Manager to ensure Euronav makes best use of its resources as well as accomplish the objectives set by the business in respect of infrastructure requirements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure an optimized system network and IT infrastructure.
- Provide highly available and recoverable services to the users and proactively monitor and report on these services
- Assist with software development and the integration of ERP solutions
- As an IT Security Officer, you’re responsible for all security strategies and implementation incl. cybersecurity.
- Research and develop new technologies with external vendors
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Provide support to the users of the various offices of the Group pertaining to information technology systems, and communication systems/equipment, ensuring system reliability and information accessibility.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- You will manage, train and support an infrastructure team.
Formal education: Bachelor level – a degree in IT or related field
Experience: Min. 10 years of experience and specialization in IT networks and IT Technical Infrastructure; 5 years of IT Management skills and experience, shipping industry experience is a plus.
- You are ambitious, so you take every challenge with both hands.
- Structuring ideas and communicating in a clear and orderly way are like a hobby to you
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent management skills, ability to multitask and having a helicopter view on the different projects you are assigned to.
- Good knowledge and experience of the “Agile” project methodology.
Other qualifications: ITIL, COBIT, NIST
Languages: Fluent in English, other languages are an asset
Our Antwerp office is situated in the South of Antwerp. Lovely location and a very attractive environment. Euronav offers a lot of work related and fun related benefits:
- Contract of indefinite duration in full-time employment
- Attractive compensation in line with experience
- Group medical plan (DKV) & life insurance plan
- Company car with fuel card
- Meal vouchers of 8 EUR/day
- Training and development opportunities
- Varied work in an international company with enthusiastic colleagues
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
De Gerlachekaai 20