Antwerp - Junior Accountant
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
The junior accountant will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the accounting department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting with the monthly, quarterly and year-end closings
- Recording bank journals and preparing payment proposals
- Follow-up of cash position and fund request
- Register and follow-up balances of the accounts payables
- Contributing each month to the preparation of the declarations (like VAT & others)
- Matching General Ledgers
- Communicate & cooperate with other colleagues and departments as necessary, in order to get the required info
- Other administrative support, such as; preparing SOX control reports, follow-up balance accounts, assisting with preparation of audit process and in ad-hoc projects, …
Formal education: Bachelor degree in accounting or equivalent by experience
Experience: Preferably 2 or 3 years of experience in Accounting, Shipping industry experience is a plus.
- Excellent MS Office knowledge and reporting skills
- You have an eye for detail, but still you keep an overview
- Discretion and reliability are indispensable in this job
- You have a sense of responsibility and have the necessary commitment
- You are precise, enjoy working with figures and are eager to learn
- A team player with good communication skills, but you can also work independently and in a structured way
Languages: Fluent in Dutch and very good knowledge of English
Our Antwerp office is situated in the South of Antwerp. Lovely location and a very attractive environment. Euronav offers a lot of work related and fun related benefits:
- Contract of indefinite duration in full-time employment
- Attractive compensation in line with experience
- Group medical plan (DKV) & life insurance plan
- Meal vouchers of 8 EUR/day
- Training and development opportunities
- Varied work in an international company with enthusiastic colleagues
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
De Gerlachekaai 20