Antwerp - Junior Accountant
Position Profile and Requirements
Euronav NV is seeking a Junior Accountant in Antwerp, Belgium.
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant with upward potential to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers with strong analytical skills, experience with MS Excel and will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively and independently.
- Post purchase and sale invoices
- Post bank journal entries and reconcile bank statements
- Post journal entries for accrued expenses and revenue, in preparation of periodic closing
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Maintain and reconcile accounts receivable, payable and other control accounts
- Assist with reviewing of expenses
- Prepare and submit monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of quarterly closings and other accounting tasks
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
Formal Education: Bachelor degree in accounting or equivalent by experience
- Excellent MS Office knowledge, reporting skills
- Proactive and adaptable personality
- Team player with good communication skills
Languages: Fluent in English, Dutch
Attractive compensation in line with experience; group medical and life insurance plan; training and development opportunities and varied work in an agreeable environment.
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
De Gerlachekaai 20