Antwerp - Junior OPS Executive
Position profile and requirements
Euronav NV is seeking a Junior OPS Executive for its offices in Antwerp. This person will be responsible for the efficient running of the Suezmax /VLCC fleet in line with commercial contracts and fixtures. The position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Keeping clear and concise records of vessels, movements, loading, discharging information and any repairs, maintenance and drydockings are maintained.
- Follow up of Time Charter Parties and Clauses as required and liaise with the Operations Manager in respect of legal obligations and contractual requirements outside the normal scope of our standard policy.
- Liaise with Masters and Technical managers in respect of delivery schedules for New Buildings
- Liaise with Technical Managers in respect of drydock planning and inform time charterers in good time in line with T/C clauses.
- Advise Time Charterers in respect of maintenance/works which may affect their negotiations by liaising with technical/managers regarding repair schedules, breakdowns etc and inform all parties of any constraints or expected downtime on Vessels.
- Ensure Vessels are notified and made aware of terms and conditions of Time Charter Fixtures including recaps, clauses and charter parties. Arrange for delivery and redelivery certificates to be prepared accordingly
- Keep technical managers informed of Vessels schedules to enable them arrange vetting inspections and maintain up to date records of all Vessels approvals status.
- Maintain off-hire records in database and agree same with Charterers. Keep the accounting department advised of any possible deductions from T/C hire and provide them with a monthly off-hire report.
- Monitor Vessels performance and deal with performance claims submitted by time charterers and also submit claims to Owners for time chartered in Vessels in line with ‘Charter Party Performance Clauses’.
- Arrange Vessels bunker supplies as and when appropriate in respect of New Buildings and other Vessels when not on time charter to 3rd parties.
- Handle bunker claims in respect of shortages off spec, fuel, etc., and liaise with bunker brokers/masters accordingly as and when appropriate.
- Provide Insurers with detailed information of Vessels loading in ‘War Risk Areas’ and obtain quotes for ‘Breach of Warranties’ in good time prior to Vessels entering such zones and keeping Charterers informed of ‘Additional Premium’ in respect of ‘War Risk Breaches’.
- Liaise with Insurers in respect of any claims such as damage to Vessel, shore installations, alleged pollution, incidents, etc. Provide all necessary information to enable them deal with the claim as assist in collating required documentation.
- Check and authorise for payment all invoices/debit notes in respect of:
- War Risk Insurance
- BB Hire payments and any deductions made.
- Commission Invoices
- Bunker Purchases
- Charterers Account Items
- Agency accounts
- Create and follow up payments off hire and war risk invoices to charters.
- Provide P&I Clubs with data for quarterly US declarations in respect of Oil Pollution Liabilities.
- Provide Insurers with data for US Trading in respect of COFR cover.
- Commercial visits to most important charterers.
- Evaluate and improve the operational system.
Formal Education: bachelor degree in logistics and/or transport or any similar field
Knowledge Areas/ Other qualifications: Common sense and pro-active minded, strong analytical and problem solving skills, self starter and team player, no 9 to 5 mentality, minimum flexibility required, customer and service oriented, computer literate, good people skills
Languages: fluent English (spoken and written, knowledge of Dutch, French is an asset)
Attractive compensation in line with experience; company car; group medical and life insurance plan; training and development opportunities and varied work in an agreeable environment.
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of
De Gerlachekaai 20