Antwerp - Operation Executive
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
Responsible for the efficient running of the Suezmax /VLCC vessels in line with Commercial contracts and fixtures.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeping clear and concise records of Vessels, movements, loading, discharging information and any repairs, maintenance and drydockings are maintained.
- Follow up of Time Charter Parties and Clauses as required and liaise with the Operations Manager in respect of legal obligations and contractual requirements outside the normal scope of our standard policy.
- Liaise with Masters and Shipmanagement in respect of delivery schedules for New Buildings and drydock planning.
- Ensure Vessels are notified and made aware of terms and conditions of Time Charter Fixtures including recaps, clauses and charter parties. Arrange for delivery and redelivery certificates to be prepared accordingly
- Keep technical managers informed of Vessels schedules to enable them arrange vetting inspections and maintain up to date records of all Vessels approvals status.
- Maintain off-hire records in database and agree same with Charterers. Keep the accounting department advised of any possible deductions from T/C hire and provide them with a monthly off-hire report.
- Monitor Vessels performance and deal with performance claims submitted by time charterers and also submit claims to Owners for time chartered in Vessels in line with ‘Charter Party Performance Clauses’.
- Arrange Vessels bunker supplies and handle bunker claims in respect of shortages off spec, fuel, etc.
- Provide Insurers with detailed information of Vessels loading in ‘War Risk Areas’ and obtain quotes for ‘Breach of Warranties’ in good time prior to Vessels entering such zones and keeping Charterers informed of ‘Additional Premium’ in respect of ‘War Risk Breaches’.
- Check and authorize for payment all invoices/debit notes.
- Evaluate and improve the operational system.
Formal education: Master degree Nautic Sciences or relevant work experience.
Experience: at least 3 years in shipping (office or at sea)
- Common sense and pro-active minded
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Self starter and team player
- No 9 to 5 mentality
- Minimum flexibility required
- Customer and service oriented
- Computer literate
- Good people skills
Languages: Fluent in English (spoken and written, knowledge of Dutch, French and Greek is an asset)
Our Antwerp office is situated in the South of Antwerp. Lovely location and a very attractive environment. Euronav offers a lot of work related and fun related benefits:
- Contract of indefinite duration in full-time employment
- Attractive compensation in line with experience
- Group medical plan (DKV) & life insurance plan
- Meal vouchers of 8 EUR/day
- Training and development opportunities
- Varied work in an international company with enthusiastic colleagues
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
Katleen De Mondt
De Gerlachekaai 20