Antwerp - Paralegal
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com.
Position Profile and Requirements
As Paralegal you will deliver administrative and comprehensive legal support to the legal department.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will help with the drafting of corporate documents (resolutions, proxies, minutes, management reports, waivers, invitations,..) that are related to the boards and shareholders meetings of the group companies; and in general all aspects of the corporate housekeeping of the group companies in Belgium and abroad;
- You will assist with the practical organisation of board and committee meetings for Belgian companies as well as foreign subsidiaries;
- You will assist with the preparation of shareholders’ meetings;
- You will compile Know your Customer (KYC) and Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO) sets of documents;
- You will assist in completing international legal and tax formalities;
- You will prepare standard agreements, proxies and other routine legal documents;
- You will assist in managing insurance policies (ex. D&O updates, claims,….);
- You will follow up legal formalities (legalization, apostille, etc.) , publications and notifications to official authorities;
- You will follow up on the administrative requirements of Belgian and foreign subsidiaries;
- You will supervise the regular and correct filing of documents in paper and electronic systems;
- You will update any change of the corporate database of the group companies (shareholders, share capital, directors, signing authorities, etc.);
- You will assist in tracking and maintaining legal schedules and calendars;
- You will assist in setting up a contract management system and contribute to the optimization of activities in the corporate administration;
- You will assist in translating documents.
Formal education: Bachelor in ‘Rechtspraktijk’
Experience: You have experience of three years as paralegal in a multinational, preferably listed, company.
- Able to work autonomously, to multi-task and to take responsibilities.
- You are accurate, reliable, well organized and hands-on approach
- You have an eye for detail
- Excellent professional interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and to form strong working relationships
- A good knowledge of MS Office
- You have a special concern for professional standards and confidentiality
Languages: Very good written & spoken English and Dutch
Our Antwerp office is situated in the South of Antwerp. Lovely location and a very attractive environment. Euronav offers a lot of work related and fun related benefits:
- Contract of indefinite duration in full-time employment
- Attractive compensation in line with experience
- Group medical plan (DKV) & life insurance plan
- Meal vouchers of 8 EUR/day
- Training and development opportunities
- Varied work in an international company with enthusiastic colleagues
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the job title you are applying for to:
De Gerlachekaai 20