Antwerp - Strategy & Business Development Manager
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
You will take a practical and business-focused approach to further integrate sustainability into our strategy and operations as a way to improve business continuity, build brand value, and enhance risk resilience by evaluating and developing sustainable strategies that can support our near and long-term results.
Roles and responsibilities
- Working on strategic projects that will influence our future agenda and competitive advantage;
- Assess impact of new technologies and regulations on shipping business and translate the outcome on sound
business advice and decision support;
- Contribute to various strategic projects covering operational and commercial topics as well as M&A activities;
- Liaise with senior stakeholders –from both technical and business functions to conduct analysis and identify
- Communicate insights across the organisation and ensure stakeholder buy-in throughout the process;
- Develop competitor analyses and benchmarks as well as other analytical decision support for the
- Build decision support material for key strategic decisions involving problem definition, analysis of the
situation, evaluation of options and recommendation;
- Pro-actively identify & develop profitable new opportunities, through existing and potential markets to
generate increased or alternative revenue streams;
- Create & maintain KPIs to measure the performance & profitability of the various projects;
- Study existing competitor solutions and maintain a watch on industry developments.
Formal education: Master degree in engineering or economics, supplemented with an MBA.
Experience: You have minimum 5 years of professional experience with corporate strategy or business development from management consultancy, investment banking or industries.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Knowledge of Dutch and/or Greek is considered as a strong plus;
- Capability to convert complex problems into pragmatic and practical solutions;
- Excellent planning and organization, project management and time management skills;
- Strategic mindset with an independent, goal oriented drive, maintaining a helicopter view despite complex analysis;
- Ability to work across functions and disciplines;
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel – including financial modelling
Languages: Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Knowledge of Dutch and/or Greek is considered as a strong plus.
Attractive compensation in line with experience; group medical and life insurance plan; training and development opportunities and varied work in an agreeable environment.
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
Katleen De Mondt
De Gerlachekaai 20