Athens - Accountant
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean-going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
To participate in recording the expenses and preparing the financial results of the company by entering account
information, and preparing account documentation.
Finance and Controller Manager
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all accounting transactions are recorded
- Manage day to day transactions
- Monitoring and reconciling invoices(Follow up company’s procedures regarding invoice process)
- Updating accounts payable
- Preparing and processing bank payments
- Keeping account books and system up to date
- Support communication with the Vendors for any financial issue
- Bank reconciliations (deposits, Supplier payments, Crew payroll)
- Recording and monitoring monthly/quarterly necessary accruals
- Support quarterly and annual audit process
- Assist and participate to monthly/quarterly end closing tasks
- Assist in company’s compliance with financial policies and tax regulations
- To replace other accountants during their absence on day-to-day issues.
Formal education: University or vocational school in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
Experience: at least 3 years in Accounting; experience in Shipping is a plus
Knowledge Areas: knowledge of maritime chart of accounts
Other qualifications: Competent with outlook and superior Excel skills, Experience in accounting systems (preferably ERP), Collaborative and good communication Skills, Team-working, Attention to detail accuracy with numbers
Languages: Fluent English, other European language is an asset
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org.