Athens - Control and Instrumentation Engineer
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
Euronav has invested in a high-scale innovative project, called FAST (Fleet Automatic Statistics & Tracking), of which the main objectives are firstly to collect telemetry data of the fleet and secondly to develop a web-based platform for optimizing operations, making use, among others, of the telemetry data.
The Fleet Data Management team is formed to monitor, maintain and continuously develop the newly installed data acquisition system which is responsible for collecting the telemetry data.
The Instrumentation Engineer will join the Fleet Data Management team, based in Athens, aiming to provide his technical expertise on a number of hardware and software-based C&I (Control & Instrumentation) systems of the fleet.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of SCADA projects (Mimics/Scripts/Functions)
- Instrumentation maintenance and support
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and calibrating products and instruments
- Work with Engineering Design partners and contractors in developing the scope through front end design, management of change reviews and construction, commissioning and hand over to operations.
- Liaising with installation/project engineers
- Reviewing installation reports and electrical drawings
- Analysing and interpreting data
- Site commissioning, ad hoc servicing and repair
- Ensuring providing technical support
Formal education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Automation Engineering
Experience: Working experience of at least 2 years in industrial automation, control and instrumentation
- Knowledge and experience in the marine or/and oil and gas industry is an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience in similar data acquisition projects is an advantage
- SCADA packages (Knowledge of Ignition SCADA, Indusoft Web Studio, InTouch and software is an advantage)
- Industrial communication protocols (Modbus RTU, RS-232, RS-485, Modbus TCP, NMEA)
- PLC (Schneider Quantum and Premium to M340 and M580, Unity Pro)
- Remote I/O Modules by Advantech (ADAM-4117, ADAM-6017, ADAM-4150 etc.)
- Robust understanding of electrical engineering principles for developing and maintaining Controls and Instrumentation systems
- Controls instrumentation, i.e. setting up pressure transmitters, level transmitters, flow transmitters, etc
- Electrical Design Packages (AutoCAD etc.)
- Microsoft Development Packages (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, SQL)
Languages: Fluent English written and spoken; any language additional to native is an asset
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to HR.CV.GR@euronav.com, by July 6, 2021 the latest.