Euronav NV is seeking a Communications Officer based in Antwerp, Belgium.
To work on the communication strategy directly with senior management.
To ensure an efficient communication with a variety of audiences through media, corporate events, web and publications.
As the group is started a new part of its life following an exciting growth since 2014, it is constantly changing the way it is communicating with its stakeholders and has set the following goal :
- A global reputation as the leader in tanker Shipping
- Management seen as best-in-class in the business with media profile
- A programme to continue elevating the company’s credibility with investors, clients and employees
- Ensure best-in-class investor relations and media relations, stabilizing existing shareholders and engaging with new investor segment (Energy vs shipping)
- Continuously updating a compelling investor thesis and company narrative
- Engage in new relationships with industry influencers to provide Euronav point of view
- Financial communication
- Writing, collating and translating of Annual and Half year report ;
- Responsible for coordination, deadlines, accuracy
- Press Releases and quarterly earnings releases;
- Translating of press releases from English to Dutch – Coherence between languages;
- Handle distribution of all press releases;
- Keep all PR related databases of Euronav contacts, media and shareholders up to date and correct;
- Ensure correct timing of distribution press release;
- Ensure correct lay-out;
- Press clipping & daily media digest
- Contact with newspapers for publishing paying press releases;
- Annual General Meeting
- Assisting the general coordination of AGM
- Internal communication
- Plan and manage internal communications;
- Make sure all employees are fully aware of the importance of the corporate direction, mission, aims and activities;
- Media relations:
- Maintain and develop corporate image and reputation, and protect and develop the company’s brand via suitable PR activities;
- Develop and maintain media relations;
- Update media database with journalists that follow Euronav and / or write about topics that affect the company (energy, economy, shipping, oil, etc.);
- Keep track of interesting PR stories to pitch to the media;
- Follow up on press releases / media stories with journalists;
- Set up media interviews with management.
- Investor relations:
- To make contribution toward Investor relations process and programme management
- Crisis Communications
- Making sure the company is prepared for a crisis in terms of communications (holding statements, crisis website etc.);
- Developing briefings and Q&A’s for issues and crisis situations ensuring a consisting and effective response.
- Organizing media trainings and crisis exercises.
- Social Media: develop and protect the Euronav brand on social media.
- Coordinate the process to make sure Euronav is in compliance with the Directive on non-financial communication
- Development of a company-wide policy to increase focus and attention on SRI criteria’s
- Responsible for all sections of the website in three languages in accordance with updated information supplied by each department.
- Stay up to date with good market practice.
Formal Education: bachelor level – a degree in Communications or related field
Experience: min. 5 years
- Excellent MS office knowledge such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of trends in the online world
- You are a good communicator, excellent writing skills in both English and Dutch, a problem solver, a team player, flexible, stress- resistant, and creative.
- Social media management is a plus
- Other software such as Adobe Creator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Prezi
Languages: Fluent in English, Dutch
Contact: Ann Vleugels, email@example.com