Position Profile and Requirements
Euronav NV is seeking a legal counsel based in Antwerp. The scope of the job is to work together with the other team members:
- to assist the Secretary General with company secretariat
- to ensure corporate compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements applicable to the company, its personnel and its business
- to ensure sound legal management of the company’s business
The position reports to the Secretary General and responsibilities include:
- the design and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with its articles of association and its statutory obligations and in particular those governing its operation in Belgium as a listed company
- keeping records required by statute to ensure that the company conducts its business in a legal and proper manner
- the organisation of meetings of the board of directors and shareholders’ meetings
- general corporate administration of group companies
Within the context of corporate governance, assist the compliance officer to aim to assure that the company, its officers and employees are informed of and comply with these laws, internal rules and ethical standards
- To act as a contact person for all legal matters assigned by the Secretary General and/or the General Counsel for the various departments within the organisation
- To draft, review and/or negotiate agreements to be entered into by the company, including financings
- To conduct research and/or provide legal analysis on legislative matters
- To assist in resolving legal issues and respond if necessary by drafting and submitting applications, complaints or protests on an extra judicial basis
- Generally to attend to all corporate, business and maritime law issues
- Formal education: Master in Law
- Experience: Previous experience of three to five years as in-house counsel gained with a multinational, preferably listed, company or as a lawyer in an international business law firm, with a specialization in corporate law. Keen interest in maritime law, previous experience in maritime law is an asset.
- Languages: Fluent English and Dutch required; additional European languages are an asset.
- The ideal candidate should be able to work autonomously and to take responsibilities and have strong communications and negotiation skills
Attractive compensation in line with experience; company car; group medical and life insurance plan; training and development opportunities and varied work in an agreeable environment.
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of:
De Gerlachekaai 20