The safety of human life and the protection of the environment are primary concerns to Euronav.
Euronav is committed to the implementation of the following safety, quality and environmental objectives:
- Provide a safe working environment ashore and afloat by encouraging all employees to identify potentially unsafe conditions or practices and to undertake corrective measures
- Take effective measures to avoid pollution incidents
- Cooperate with maritime organizations and government, trade and industry associations to achieve highest standards of safety and preservation of the environment
- Protect and preserve resources, preventing pollution by an environmentally conscious operation of vessels
- Reduce waste
- Consider environmental issues in all design and development projects
- Prepare contingency plans to ensure adequate response to pollution incidents
- Continuously improve safety management skills of personnel ashore and on board ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to safety and environmental protection
- Comply with mandatory rules and regulations and other requirements to which the company subscribes
- Continually improve all processes by reviewing the available information against stated policies and objectives, evaluating audit results, and analyzing available records of corrective and preventive actions
- Performing energy audits in order to identify areas for energy conservation.