Handling of waste
During normal vessels’ operations, Euronav tries to reduce vessels’ waste to a maximum by:
- reducing the plastic packaging on board to a strict minimum;
- recycling packing material;
- compacting rubbish prior to discharging;
- keeping on board minimum cargo residues and delivering ashore at proper reception facilities;
- participating in the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) initiatives to improve the port reception facilities by reporting any deficiencies by using the IMO relevant questionnaire;
- sewage treatment plants on board handling the black and grey waters in order to minimize the impact on the environment.