Hugo De Stoop, CEO of Euronav joined J Mintzmyer's Value Investor's Edge Live on Nov. 10, 2020, to discuss the crude tanker markets and forward opportunities and capital allocation priorities for Euronav.
- (1:30) Latest market views, signs of optimism?
- (5:40) Demolition dynamics? Chance of increased scrapping?
- (8:50) Older vessels still selling? Economics of trading?
- (12:20) Reduced scrapping due to over-optimism?
- (17:30) Capital allocation priorities now?
- (21:30) Internal calculations/logic for share repurchases vs. growth?
- (24:30) Review of ULCCs and older Suezmaxes?
- (29:50) FSO joint venture, economics and refinancing?
- (35:40) Which assets are most attractive to buy today?
- (38:10) How much of the $1.2B is required buffer?
You can listen to the podcast here.