Athene - Vetting Superintendent
Euronav owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of ocean-going tankers. We are dedicated to the safe, clean
and reliable transport of crude oil worldwide.
We strive to engage, empower and reward our people, both onboard and ashore. The combination of young
vessels, experienced staff, performance culture, and in-house management enables us to achieve outstanding
growth and sustainability in an extremely competitive industry.
Please visit www.euronav.com
Position Profile and Requirements
To coordinate and arrange for Vetting Inspections (SIRE) of vessels and responses to findings during these
To coordinate Port State Control (PSC) and United State Coast Guard (USCG) inspections and responses to
deficiencies observed during these types of inspections.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To visit the vessels to assist the masters during any inspection if deemed necessary
- To directly liaise with Masters and Senior Officers on vetting issues and other duties as required by the Ship
- To cooperate with Marine and Technical departments for the appropriate vetting and PSC replies and update
- To consolidate replies on vetting and port state control inspections
- To perform statistical analysis of data and prepare relevant reports detailing proposed improvements based
on the data analysis.
- To assist HSQE / Marine department
- Must be conversant with:
- ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, 50001
- Understanding of Vetting / PSC process, being able to follow up and monitor
- Understanding of Audits NC / Observation, being able to follow up and monitor
- Certified in Incident / Accident investigation
- Excellent knowledge of ECDIS and Navigational auditing (may be considered as an advantage)
- Ability to effectively work and communicate within multicultural office and shipboard environments.
Formal education: Class A or B (Deck or Engine diploma) or University degree preferably in shipping or marine
Experience: Shipboard experience at management level of at least 3 years, shore based relevant experience is a
plus. Experience in Internal Audit is required, vetting experience of at least 3 years is required.
- Very good computer skills, especially Excel (data analysis and chart creation), Word (report preparation),
Power Point (training and other presentations preparation)
- Willing to work within a team
- Ability to travel to attend vessels at sea or in port depending on the needs
Languages: Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
Please send your CV mentioning the job title you are applying for to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org
until October 17, 2021